GENERAL COMPENSATION AND ASSISTANCE POLICY
IN CASE OF DENIED BOARDING, CANCELLATION OR DELAY OF SURINAM AIRWAYS FLIGHTS DEPARTING FROM THE EU
Surinam Airways offers in the case of:
- denied boarding or
- cancellation of your flight or
- a delay in your flight, compensation and assistance, depending on the specific situation
we request you to complete the below form.
You may review the link for the conditions that apply for compensation and assistance in case of flights departing from an EC – airport.
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience which you may possibly experience.
However, we put first and foremost reliability and safety, while taking all necessary measures to prevent delays, cancellations and denied boarding.
If you wish to contact our company to file a complaint or a demand for financial compensation or a compliment, you are kindly invited to do so by completing the online form below or writing even if this means just sharing your travel experience with us.
Feel free to contact us; For more information we refer to the Customer Support page on our website
COMPENSATION AND ASSISTANCE EU
ASSISTANCE POLICY IN CASE OF DENIED BOARDING, CANCELLATION / SCHEDULE CHANGEOR DELAY FLIGHTS DEPARTING FROM PARAMARIBO
(INCLUDING FLIGHTS TO AMSTERDAM)
CONDITIONS IN CASE OF DENIED BOARDING
In case of an overbooked flight, the airline will look for volunteers to surrender their confirmed reservation in exchange for an agreed compensation. To volunteers appropriate assistance shall be offered as described below.
If there are not enough volunteers and passengers are refused boarding against their will, these refused passengers are entitled to compensation and assistance, provided they have registered themselves within the set time limit for check-in. Passengers are not entitled if there are sufficient reasons to refuse them a seat on board, as in case for health, flight safety and security reasons or with incomplete travel documents.
CANCELLATION / SCHEDULE CHANGE
If the cancelled or scheduled flight is announced more than 7 days before the planned departure date to the passengers, passengers are not entitled to assistance.
In case the airline reasonably expects a flight to be delayed beyond its schedule time of departure for more than four hours, passengers are entitled to assistance.
ASSISTANCE IN CASE OF DENIED BOARDING / CANCELLATION / SCHEDULE CHANGE / DELAY
Passengers can choose between:
- An alternative flight to the final destination under comparable transportation conditions on an airline’s next available possibility, or at the request of the passenger on a later date if there are seats available or
- Refund of the ticket for the part of the journey that was not made if traveling according to the original travel plan no longer offers any purpose.
Furthermore, passengers are entitled to the following which is free of charge:
- Hotel accommodation in cases where a stay of one or more nights becomes necessary including transport between the airport and the hotel.
- Meals and non-alcoholic drinks in reasonable relation to the waiting time.
- Two international phone calls (limited to three minutes each) or two email messages.
- All the above-mentioned assistance only applies to non-residents.
This assistance policy does not apply in the event of an extraordinary circumstance and for passengers who travel free or for an airline discounted rate that is not directly or indirectly available to the public.
For more information feel free to contact Surinam Airways Claims Department via e-mail: